Wednesday, July 12, 2006

pillow fight

I’m sitting in Krog bar on Friday with Tamera drinking a $12 glass of wine when I get pelted in the head with a throw pillow. Normally something like this wouldn’t faze me, but due to my current surroundings, aforementioned adult beverage and the fact that no one around me looks less than double my age I am puzzled… if I was at the Clairmont Lounge and Blondie was crushing beer cans in between her breasts such a thing would be expected, but I just didn’t see this coming, literally.

There is a scuffle in the corner, I hear a man’s voice pleading to shush his friend, the warbling drunk woman teeters over to us “My friend likes both of yooz”, “looksh at im, eez cute”, she gestures in the direction of a man hiding behind some what’s left of his throw pillows. I felt bad for the guy, I mean, it’s one thing if your idiot friend of the same gender pulls a move like this, you can just apologize and be nice about it, but if your female friend does it, it’s even worse. We made painful small talk until emphasizing that we were both taken and thank you very much.

Has dating resulted to this? Is it a choice between internet dating and launching household items at perspectives to get their attention?

Tagged:

2 Comments:

  • to all you drunkards out there, both male and female. QUIT THROWING SHIT AT MY WOMAN! blah blah blah... see what happens when i am out of town. sheesh. :P

    By Blogger nw, at 1:25 PM  

  • Just stumbled upon your blog...
    and I could not stop laughing...
    Thank goodness it was a pillow and not a can of beer...

    By Blogger Pendullum, at 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home