Thursday, May 18, 2006

jaws


One of my biggest fears is sharks. When I was a kid I went to a museum in san francico where they had this huge great white shark on display in a big freezer case. Talk about scaring the snot out of a 8 year old. The thing had its mouth wide open, razor sharp teeth stained rust orange from all the blood it had torn from baby seals and small 8 year old children. For weeks after I had nightmares that the thing was going to eat me. I couldn't swim in the deep end for years without freaking out everytime the pool sweep would brush my leg. I love the ocean, which is a big problem, because always in the back of my mind, jaws in coming up out of the water to snack on one of my appendages.

So I was taken aback when my father emailed me this photo this morning of his catch yesterday. Apparently these things are so large and violent they have to shoot them to bring them on the boat. This, not being a problem since daddy has a gun on the boat...and in the car...and in the house. This is one time I don't have a problem with my fathers obsession with firearms. *shudder*

Tagged:

1 Comments:

  • I guess, you need to swim with a waterproofed pistol.

    Or swim with people that taste better than you.

    By Blogger Zen Wizard, at 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home