Wednesday, May 31, 2006

whistleblowers

Not to get political, but something I heard on the radio this morning that didn't make me feel too warm and squishy. The Supreme Court scaled back protections for government workers who blow the whistle on official misconduct, with a 5-4 decision in which new Justice Samuel Alito cast the deciding vote. This could affect the silencing of police officers who fear retribution for reporting department corruption, to keeping federal employees quiet who want to reveal problems with government hurricane preparedness or terrorist-related security. I;m hearing the silence and it's deafaning.

See full article here

Thanks for the link bri.

Tagged:

1 Comments:

  • Hey chick!

    Do you do blog design? If so let me know. It's high time I pimped my blog?

    By Blogger kevin black, at 4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home