Thursday, September 29, 2005

dropping the ball


I went to my first baseball game in 8 years. It really hasn't changed all that much, well, aside from the whole roid rage, endorsement contract, price gouging thing. Naoya took me to the Braves game with some of his friends last night and it was quite the full fledged multimedia bonanza. The LCD lights that encircle the statium piped advertisements faster than fat lines up poor kate's nose.

Then there was the jumobtron. It's not enough for us to have our large screen televisions in every room of our homes that we spend countless hours wastng away watching reality tv and baseball games - now people go to the baseball game to watch themselves on tv. Irony anyone?

The real kicker was when the batter hit a foul that flew over our heads into the bleachers and this man, on his cell phone, tries to catch it and misses, all the while not pulling the receiver off of his head. Come on! Don't get me wrong, I love technology and all, but it seems that the whole marketing/tech thing has gotten a bit out of hand. All I wanted was to watch a bunch of hunky men hit a ball around with a stick, and maybe eat some cracker jacks. I wouldn't be surprised if the next game I go to 8 years from now I hear, "Popcorn, peanuts, ipods"..

pictures from the game

1 Comments:

  • Man, in 8 years the iPod will be out... Women will have dangly SD Card earrings, passing the music wirelessly into their ear canals. DUH!

    By Blogger nw, at 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home