Friday, August 12, 2005

4am

I very grudgingly rolled out of bed this morning at 3:20am so I could get my sister and her boyfriend to the airport for their ungodly 6am flight. Initially I was going to drop them off at MARTA, but after the carload of semiautomatic weapon toting gangsters on the loose in the neighborhood I thought it wiser to just to give them curbside service.

It was eerie speeding down the vast expanse of 75/85 with absolutely no cars around me. Usually it’s so crammed with road rage warriors that it takes an 30minutes to get 5 miles. (I’m not kidding here) What goes on at 4am? It’s the one hour that’s too late to be out and too early to get up. I’ve partied until 3, crawled into bed at 3:30 and still been ok in the morning, but if it’s 4am when I get in bed, I’m usually cracked out of my skull and not knowing the name of the strange person next to me. Nights that end at 4am are trouble. And shit, I don’t think I have ever gotten up at 4am to do anything…. Except maybe pee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home