Tuesday, September 05, 2006

labored

The Labor Day weekend went off without too much destruction. I had some friends over for a tamale party that ended in flaming bananas foster and shots of absinthe. I passed out on the couch but woke up in my bed this morning curled up next to Wyndl. I didn't see la Fée Verte, but maybe she carried me up to my room.

For those of you who have never had bananas foster, I would strongly recommend trying it. AND if you buy land o lake butter you can do this obscene trick Chris taught me with the Indian girl on the package.

Bananas Foster Recipe

* 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
* 1 cup dark brown sugar
* 2 bananas
* 2 oz. banana liqueur
* 4 oz. dark rum
* Ground cinnamon
* Vanilla ice cream

Melt the butter and add the brown sugar to form a creamy paste. Let this mixture caramelize over the heat for about 5 minutes. Stir in the banana liqueur. Heat until the liquor is warmed, about three minutes. Add the bananas, add the rum (preferably warmed), then ignite with a flourish and cook for about 1 - 2 minutes. Let the flames go out. Serve over ice cream if you wish, but some hardcores like me like it just like it is.

Thanks to Gumbopages for recipe

Tagged: [fire]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home